Self-Management is a process designed to provide people diagnosed with bipolar disorder a comprehensive understanding of their serious mental health condition.
The course looks at the concepts, tools and techniques involved in learning to self-manage extreme mood swings, examining the consequences of episodes of mania and depression, learning to avoid the extreme symptoms associated with bipolar episodes. By studying the feasibility of monitoring mood states, feelings and behaviour and being aware of mood changes.
- To have less severe mood swings
- To limit damage caused by episodes of mania or depression
- To learn how to self-medicate with approval of medical practitioners
- To avoid wild spending sprees
- To improve employment prospects
- To prevent hospital re-admissions
- To form and maintain more stable personal and familyrelationships
- To achieve better stress, tolerance, improve self-confidence and quality of life